Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We're officially BROKE

Once again...we're struggling financially!! AGAIN... It never ends.
Our savings is garnished, my 200.00 paycheck for work is going to overdraft fees and we officially have zero dollars in our accounts. ZERO.
Wise has 1 diaper left. Prince has 2. We're running out of food and I hope our gas tank will make it until Friday.
You ask, why am I blogging about this? Because it's my blog and I'm TOTALLY STRESSED OUT!!!!
I'm frustrated and kind of hopeless. The Holiday Season is here and we have nothing. If we held off on paying our Tithing last week, we'd still have 260.00 dollars in our bank account.
But the faithful people that we are (well, working on it!), decided to pay it and risk getting into this mess! I don't handle stress well. I buckle under pressure and money makes me go nutty.

I'm praying for a miracle. I just don't know what I did wrong!

2 comments:

Emily Snow said...

I don't know if they still do it, but Toys R Us used to have a few of every size of diaper in their restroom. Just an idea. You could always take back what you borrow once you can buy diapers.

I will write again. I have a cool personal story about tithing, but dear hubby needs the internet...

Emily Snow said...

OK, since you were bold enough to blog about this--I am going to be bold enough to comment.

First of all, you already know this, but you did the right thing by paying your tithing. You will be blessed for being obedient.

Second of all, do you have any spare money around your house? Enough that you could scrounge it together and get a few things that you need? If you don't, my suggestion is calling your bishop. He can help you and your family in this situation. Perhaps it will only be enough help to get you through the week, or enough to get you through the next five weeks...you guys can determine this.

I have one cool personal story about tithing. Almost exactly four years ago, we found out that our townhouse needed a major repair job done to the front of the house. Initially, we thought that we were dealing with a little wood rot, but once we started talking to some of our neighbors, we realized it was going to be much, much more extensive. We got the name of a guy who had done the job for some of our neighbors and he came over and gave us a quote. We nearly died when we found out it was going to cost $8,000! Let me point out that this was also the kind of thing that absolutely HAD to be done before winter, and, there wasn't much time to waste and we didn't have $8,000 just collecting dust.

We, for the first time in our married lives (we had been married for five years by then), started to think of not paying our tithing, because we had to come up with some "extra" somewhere. The guy expected 1/3 payment up front and the rest two weeks after the job was done so we thought maybe we could come up with some of it on our own and then maybe the rest would work out over time. It was tempting... However, we DID end up paying our tithing and then spent a lot of time praying that we would be able to come up with the money somehow instead.

Well, a true miracle, my husband found out that he had won an award at his work that a)he didn't know he was even up for and b)furthermore, didn't even know it existed! It was for $10,000! So, of course, by the time the tithe was taken from it and all the taxes, it was almost exactly the cost of the repair and nothing left over...but our needs were met.

I'm really sorry you are having to go through this. I hope you find a solution that is right for your family.