Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thanks for the advice, friends

Hands down, my non-stick pans were a rip off! I don't use metal utensils when cooking in them. They were just a piece of crap! I want a stainless steal set.

Thanks jlk, for the advice on the silicone pans. I wasn't sure because they do seem to be very flimsy. Maybe I'll try one and see how I like it.

Isn't cooking so much fun?? I've been tempted to go to culinary school! Or even a pastry/cooking class! Wouldn't it be fun?

I completely forgot I'm in need of bread pans too. I can never make bread because I don't have loaf pans!

So, is anyone cooking for the Holidays? I mean, Christmas? Here's what I am going to cook:

Cornflake Christmas tree wreaths
Decorative sugar cookies
chocolate dipped pretzel sticks
Fudge

I've got NOTHING planned for Thanksgiving and I'm planning on not cooking. I don't want to. Hopefully we'll be invited over to some one's house. Cross my fingers!

1 comments:

dust and kam said...

I think for Christmas I am going to make Ginger Snaps, English Toffee, Caramels, and Peanut Brittle for neighbors. (ANd whatever else I think of at that time!!) Gotta love the sweet fattening treats at Christmas. We found some super fancy plates at Target a long time ago. They are sorta christmasy but quite ugly. Not so much ugly, but different. So we bought all of them to hold our treats! I am excited to use them... and they are a nice size too!

Our Thanksgiving is on Sunday (11th). Right now I am making creamed corn! Then on Saturday I will be making Green Bean (with Bacon, Almonds, Swiss Cheese), Spinach Dip, Cream Cheese Olive Dip, Pumpkin Cheese Cake, Coconut Cream pie, Chocolate Cream Pie, Pecan Pie, Oreo Pudding truffle, and that is about it, I think. THat is what I was assigned for Dustyn's family. I was suppose to make stuffing, but I got out of it. I have never made it before and I didn't want it to be gross being one of the main dishes and all! Ha ha!! But then as far as actual Thanksgiving day... I have no idea!

I DO LOVE cooking, but I hate doing the dishes! Usually Dustyn will help with the dishes though, so I am more than happy to cook!

And as far as bread... I cheat with my bread maker, but it is so nice to have and I use it all the time!! I make all my dough for cinnamon rolls, pizza in it. Anything really. But it's nice I can throw a few things in there and have bread in an hour without even worrying. Lately I have been making Honey Wheat Bread. It's pretty good!

I'd let you come to my house for Thanksgiving, but it's sorta a long drive... with 2 kids! :)

Okay, I think I better end this novel! Have a great night!!