Thursday, November 1, 2007

Insomnia is a B&*$@!!!!

I can't sleep! I'm too keed up from my long night of teaching. I guess I'll journal a little bit and let everyone read my thoughts. WHAT? Am I crazy? Ha, well, maybe you can relate!

Well, Thursday are the usual hectic and long days. It's Boricua's day off and you'd think it'd be a nice day of relaxation and family.... well it's not even close! It's chaos every Thursday! We had Prince, Wise, Mater and the lil' guy that I tend all here. Boricua was doing loads of laundry, I was trying to run errands, feed the kids, take care of lil' guy and prepare myself for work. Boricua is always so effing ornery. It drives me crazy. I don't even want to spend time with him on Thursday. He needs to get out more. My gosh. I get to irritated with him sometimes! He just has to have things done his way, on his watch clock, and to go go go go! There's no time to sit and relax! Does that sound familiar to any of you women? I hope I'm not the only one! He's also somewhat germaphobic and he freaks out if lil' guy and Wise play with the same toys and touch the same things. I'm not kidding! So, he turns it around on me, accusing me of not watching the kids well enough. This is what he said and it killed me, " I don't work hard for another child to use the things I buy for MY kids! " Are you kidding me? What do I say to that? I just said, " Well, I guess when our kids go to other people's homes, they shouldn't use their stuff either, right? " So, he gave me the 'everyones different' phrase. Yah, you're a selfish bugger sometimes! Like, he's so dang uptight lately and needs to relax! Just Relax! For crying out loud. You're making it uncomfortable for all of us to live here! So jog or something. You don't need to work work work work and WORK! REST sometimes! Enjoy life!
Mater's raised in a COMPLETELY different environment at his mom's then here. They smoke, drink on occasion, could care less about education, base their love on conditional things and raise with no boundaries. I mean, it's all they know, so I'm not going ot bash them. Well, sometimes Mater's behavior gets really frustrating. His learning skills are slower but he has a big mouth. His tripled in size within the last few months. He wanted 3, yes 3, hot dogs with buns and 2 oranges for lunch. Oh, plus yogurt and soda. Then he wanted some of Boricua's nachos. I'm really worried about him weight. I asked him what he had for breakfast and he told me he had coffee. COFFEE? To a 4 year old? He said he drinks it every morning. I wouldn't put it past his mom... she 6 months pregnant and smokes, along with the 4 others living inside the house. So, I gave him a lesson on Coffee and why we don't drink it. I don't know how effective it'll be but at least he knows. It's not all about the Whole Word of Wisdom thing either. Why would you give an energetic 4 year old coffee in the morning? IDK. That's just how I feel. Then he came to me and said, " I don't want to sleep over here because you have rules." I asked him, " Don't you have any rules at moms? " He proudly said, "Nope!" Well, okay. That's her problem I guess. Whatever. It's just really hard to help raise a kid where his other upbringing is so, utterly opposite! How confusing for a child! We love U Mater.
Boricua had Prince practice tracing letters a,b,c,d and the number 1. He didn't an EXCELLENT job for a 2 1/2 year old. Yes, we're starting early. He's catching onto it wonderfully. I'm very proud of him!
Lastly, I've had a major case fo the Hershey Squirts and my butt's on fire! So, I've been pained all day! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Too much info? Who cares! This IS Soosie's World!
How are you doing?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to ya Sarah...

and you're doing the right thing with lil' Mater about explaining to him right and wrong.