Monday, November 12, 2007

Holiday Shopping

It's that time of year again! ~ This is the infamous Steele Family phrase used in my home growing up. It was more said like this: " Iiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt'sssssss tha' time-a year agian!"

I wasn't really inot the Holiday Spirit last year. I think due to pregnancy. I wanted it to just be over so I could have my baby. I'm really wanting to go all out this year. I'm going to bake, gift shop with out Boricua around, decorate and get out tree up early. I think we're going to get a fake tree, unfortunealty. No pine needles on the floor, no good tree smell and no more trying to figure out how we're going to discard the tree.

I hoping by this time next year, we'll be in our first home!

Welp, Santa's only going to get a few things for us. We want to save our money so we can go to Utah in January and visit my family. I hope everything works out that way.

I have a feeling Ol' St. Nick is going to bring alot of train stuff... maybe a gift certificate for a massage for mom, a new handbag, pots and pans and some high thread count sheets!!

Is anyone done with their holiday shopping?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds crazy but I am almost done shopping! I only have a few people left on my list!

dust and kam said...

I haven't even started! :( But I am excited too!

Emily Snow said...

I bought my first present for our oldest son last weekend. That's it. Christmas is hard for us because my oldest and I have birthdays in October, hubby's is in November...then baby's birthday is in January...we get slammed with shopping and presents at this time of year and then, nothing!

We are spending our first Christmas "at home". When we lived in Frederick, we always went back to Utah for Christmas. Both of our families are there, and all of our siblies, etc. Last year, even before we found out about our Germany move, we had decided that we would stay home this year. Well, now it's upon us and I don't know quite what to do...it will be a learning experience, I am afraid!