Friday, October 19, 2007

WELCOME!!

Here I am! Starting as of Today, a blog for your pleasure! It is for your pleasure, right? Well, I was inspired by reading all of my other friends blogs to start my own. I love to 'journal'(even though I don't have a BOOK, per say) and talk about my adventurous(what is adventure anyway?) life; so... this was perfect!
Let's briefly summarize a little about ME and my surroundings; i.e, my husband, kids, home, hobbies and friends. First things first; My family. My oldest son, Prince(That what we will call him, along with the other names I give my family for security purposes), my baby, Wise and my husband, Boricua. Yes, I'm surrounded by men! They're full of energy, that I can't keep up with at times. Prince is 2 1/2, Wise is 7 months and well, Boricua is old enough! haha. We are young parents. We had babies young and are still gaining stability. Hence, us living in an apartment that is 35 years old. We live in the most expensive State in the Nation! Yes, you guys, Terp-Ville was rated the most expensive place to live. I can attest that our little abode isn't ghetto and we have great neighbors..tenants...whatever you want to call them. They consist of mostly senior citizens and a few working class folks. It's always very quiet and we live in the "City". So, the streets are somewhat Nostalgic due to the history. I try to keep my place looking homey and cute. I really need to get a wreath for my door but I want to make my own! I haven't found my ambition to do so yet. If anyone wants to help me, let me know! Anyway, Wise spits up all over our carpet, so it looks like we always have dirty carpet. Toys get in disarray sometimes. Prince likes to track crumbs all around the place. He colors wherever his heart contents too. I really try to keep it clean here and welcome for anyone who wants to hang with us! We love company.
Boricua works in the Geek Squad, I know, he's such a nerd. He's really ambitious about building an IT career and I think he will, in time. He's very good at what he does. He is very intelligent and I enjoy the way he thinks. It's very rational... something I lack at times! He has been slowly plugging away with building his client ale for his little sole proprietorship he developed. VIRTUAL FIX. He targets the Spanish speaking crowd. I'll blog about it more later. We are living day to day, trying to better ourselves and work hard for our family. We thrive to succeed in all we do. Whatever the kinks life brings us. We work them out.
As for me, I am a danceaholic and make money doing it! Yippee. I also watch 3 kids during the day to make a few extra bucks. It's exhausting at times! Leaving at night to go teach dance is my medication! I've been dancing my whole life and was raised in a dance studio. My mom had one for 23 years! Yes, in good ol' Utah.. my home... that's culture I DO NOT miss! I teach mainly teenagers right now. Those hormones really are funny! I have time with my mini-ballerinas Saturday mornings and two Fridays a month at a preschool. I love the small children! They're so fun! My teenagers are alot of fun too because we can do challenging things. All in all, I get a very good workout in all of my classes. That's been my catalyst of getting rid of my baby weight! I still have a few more pounds to go and those would melt off if I changed my diet...but I don't want to. I like cake.
I teach Jazz and Hip hop right now but my dancing is versatile. I've been trained to do most styles. I don't do ballroom though. My love is doing choreography! I intend to choreograph for shows. That's my creative outlet and it's where I thrive. People enjoy it and that's all that matters. I started making up dances when I was, gosh, 4 or 5 years old. I'd help my mom choreograph dances when I was 6. My first dance solo I competed in was all choreographed by me when I was 7. I guess you could say, that's what gift God gave me. I'm my own worst critic and think I still need alot of growth though.
LASTLY! Yes, I am LDS... A member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day-Saints. According to some folks, we are a cult and have secret handshakes. Oh yeah, we aren't Christens either. We're just a bunch of Ideologues that wear magic underwear! Hey but that's okay! I enjoy every one's opinions and I REFUSE to debate about Religion! Rest assured, most of the stories you hear about 'Mormons' aren't true and laughable. Do me a favor and find the 13 Articles of Faith and you'll get a better idea about what we believe in. Like anyone, I struggle with my Faith at times but that's what helps me strengthen my testimony! I'm open to any one's ideas and opinions! So please share!
This Welcoming is just too long and I'll stop here. Keep updated with my *NEW* Blog and I'll post more things!

1 comments:

dust and kam said...

Yah Sarah! I am excited you have a blog!! I will be back!