Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Letter to my friend...

Hey, thank you so much for being a friend. I get so frustrated sometimes and I think all of my friend's marriage don't have issues. But it's irrational. WE all have issues at times. Our problem is, we don't give ourselves time for each other. We never go out alone, we're always working and Boricua's communication skills are week. I was at my wit's end and suddenly our bishop from church called us out of the blue to see how we were doing. Then, our home teachers(in our church we have two people that come to our homes once a month and give a lesson. It's so we can all help each other out and be there for one another) they came. They gave a great lesson. They brought in a very good spirit and gave us some marital advice from personal experiences. It really hit me when he told us there's is no easy way out of marriage. We'll be together forever and to make it enjoyable. Enjoy life. Make an effort to make one another happy. Change yourself before thinking of trying to change the other. So, we know what we need to do and yes we have counseling through our church. If we make the effort to do the things we need to do and we're still not seeing eye to eye, then we'll go to counseling. But I'm pretty sure if we do the simple 'Sunday school' things, we'll be much better off. I have faith it will. I mean, the last thing I want to do is divorce. I don't want to become a single parent and have my kids raised in a broken home! Hell no! But we need to work harder on our marriage and not just live day to day, working, not talking alot and living off stress. We need to take time out together to read, pray, go out and talk about our short term and long term goals. We're going into our 3rd year of marriage and it's too soon to throw in the towel. We'll get through it. We just need to relax ALONE! WITHOUT KIDS!!

3 comments:

Emily Snow said...

Soosie, since I'm not sure we'll get a HT visit this month, thanks for giving me one! Marriage sure is hard, I'll second that one. I can totally relate to what you are feeling. I guess it's like your testimony, either you're working to strengthen it or it is weakening it never stays in one place. Hopefully you and your husband can find a way to have a little time away from the kids and have time to be something other than Mom & Dad. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

You have such a positive outlook on everything...I love you! Anytime you need to talk I'm a phone call away.

jlk said...

Trust me, you are not the only ones having a hard time. Nor are you the only ones who find it hard to get out. Wanna do a date swap? Not the kind where we swap husbands, but the kind where I can take your kids while you go out and then you can take mine?