Monday, January 14, 2008

Top ten clues that you're a boring wife

This is hilarious! Does any of these apply to you?

  1. Last treat you bought for your husband was a big roll of garbage bags.
  2. You don't have any girlfriends, really, unless you count your visiting teachers!
  3. Your bathing suit is at least a decade old and the elastic is shot.
  4. You tell your husband you love him once a year on New Year's Eve.
  5. Your idea of a good time is to clip coupons.
  6. Your idea of a fun date with your hubby is to cruise the aisles at Wal-Mart (HAHA! Guilty as charged. But more Target then Wal-mart.)
  7. You quit flirting because, by gum, ya'll got yer man!
  8. The last time you went on a date with your hubby was in the last millennium.
  9. The last time you went on an overnighter with just you and your husband was to attend a funeral.

-Merrliee Brown Boyack.

2 comments:

Emily Snow said...

Those are funny!

To answer your question to me on MY blog--yes, I did deliver both of my kids at FMH. I go to the Frederick OBGYN Professional group. Dr. Vourlous delivered Toby. I delivered Thomas with one of the mid-wives that worked there. Jeannie Prince. That was before they had to let all of them go due to malpractice issues.

What about you?

Emily Snow said...

I had Thomas in 2002. At the time, many of the private practice OBGYN's had doctors and mid-wives that could deliver...it was your choice. If you were high-risk you had to see the "doctor" side of the practice, but if your pregnancy was normal you could see the midwives. At the time, I liked the mid-wives because they were a little less-hurried and seemed genuinely more excited about pregnancy.

About a year later, my practice had to let go of their midwives because the malpractice insurance was too high. I believe this was the case with most MD practices.

I was upset about this but my practice hired two or three more doctors, two who are female and that I really liked, and one of those female docs delivered Toby. Not that I think female doctors are always the best, but it just happened that these two were women...So in the end it all worked out anyways.

I think that formula must be hard to get older babies to take. I remember introducing Thomas to whole milk and then because I was worried about his nutrition, wanting to go back to formula and he wouldn't go back on it. And, he was a formula fed baby!

I fed Thomas two of the Pediasure cans every day after he turned one, trying to get some calories and nutrition in him. That got expensive, even going to the Walmart brand so then I went to Carnation Instant breakfast envelopes in vanilla. Something to consider...

Also, does he like or do you feed Wise yogurt? You may even have luck with just plain whole milk once he turns one.