Thursday, January 31, 2008

NEW YORK CITY

The City that NEVER sleeps. literally! There's so much to cover! That is one cool city. It would've been nice to go out without kids but oh well.
We stayed at my cousin's apartment. You couldn't ask for a BETTER location! She lived right on the corner of 56th and Broadway. Up the street was Times Square, David Letterman's show within window view, and Sean John(P.Diddy)building. You headed east a few blocks and you're in Central Park, right near 5th ave, a few blocks from Columbus, and a hop skip and jump away from Rockafeller Center. We were in the heart of it all. She lives on the 27th floor. The views were AMAZING. I have tonz of pictures but they don't do any justice with what we saw.
The first night, we just hung out at my cousins apartment. I tried to order food but everything was closed, surprisingly. We went to times Square the next morning. We had breakfast at a diner next to David Letterman(the building). Then we hit up the usual big tourist shops there. We walked to the Fashion District, which is around 10th avenue and 39-42nd street. We then walked up to 5th ave and walked back down to 56th. I adored all of the designer stores; Roberto Cavalli, Gucci, Versace, Cartier, Harry Winston, just to name a few. We had amazing Thai food that evening.
The next day, we went to Central Park, Park 5th ave (East side) and down Columbus (west side). We saw the Manhatten Temple. It sure is really neat. We visited Carnagie Hall, Metropolitan Opera House(NYC Ballet dances there as well. I ran into a few of the dancers.) We saw so much! I can't name it all.
That night, we ate at Antonio's Pizza, right next to David Letterman's Show. New York Pizza is the best. We then went to Rockafeller Center and watched the ice skaters. We goofed and walked some more! I had the best carrot cake I've ever had in my life that night. It was so much fun.
The only bad thing was, Prince was so so naughty. He misbehaved the whole time. We didn't sleep very well and I had a headache the whole time I was there. I am still recovering. It's been a nonstop migraine for a whole week. My neck is crooked from the air matress I slept on. I have bee so completely miserable. I can't continue having non stop headaches like this. They're really out of control!
We did have a great time though. Even if the children were cranky, it was still nice to get away! I wanted to do so much more but it was really difficult with two small kids. We'll go up there again!

1 comments:

Emily Snow said...

It sounds like you had fun! Even if it wasn't "picture perfect". I am getting to know a girl in my ward, they have lived here for two years and are getting ready to leave (everyone that I am making friends with is leaving this summer--go figure!!)anyway, the point of me telling you this is that her and her family have seen a lot of Germany and Europe while they've been here but they always take their kids. She told me that her and her husband have learned to stop calling or thinking that they are going on "vacation" because with kids, well, it's just not a vacation! So, they call them "adventures" instead. I thought that was so, so, so true!