Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The RESULTS...

He took some fencing down at the Monocacy Battlefield! If you of you aware of this area, you'd know exactly where that's at. We have to take pictures of the area because there is NO SHARP or SUDDEN curve! It's a pretty straight road! But the witness told the police he didn't slow down at the curve and lost control...um there's no curve!! I was shocked when he showed me where it happened. The first question I asked, " Where's the curve?" I guess Boricua noticed he was in the opposing lane, over corrected himself a little bit and spun out of control! It was dark and there is absolutely no street lights in that area. You usually have to use your high beams in the particular area. He decided not to this morning and this is the result! So, he's going to court to fight that citation. A little ridiculous, eh?
I was sad when I saw our little Buick! It's so weird how you get attached to materialistic items! This car is the first vehicle Boricua and I purchased together. So, there is some sentiment there.
We are looking for a new car. I hate to say this but... a mini-van! NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I swore I'd never see the day! But they're spacious and easier on gas than an SUV. We kind of have no other option than a mini-van. Let's pray we find the right car for our family!




R.I.P
Sweet lil' Buick.
We'll miss you.

3 comments:

Emily Snow said...

I still remember how it felt when we traded off my old car...it was the first car that I made payments on and my name was on the title. She was starting to have problems but still had a lot of life in her and she was the car that I had for Thomas' first year of life...it was sad leaving her. I felt the same way with our last two cars, kind of like you are betraying them because it's not like they did anything...so silly!

Also, when our current car arrived off the boat here in Germany and we were called to pick her up, it was seriously like our last family member had arrived!

Again...such complete silliness!

Emily Snow said...

You will love all the room that a mini-van will give you. We would have bought a mini-van if we weren't moving over here. We opted for a crossover instead. A Kia Rondo. Absolutely LOVE the car and it's perfect for over here!

jlk said...

Yikes. That looks scary. And, you're right -- no curve. Maybe a bridge, but no curve.

I am jealous of the MV. I would love one, but Curly doesn't care for them. I drove a purple one on my mission. Loved it!