Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wreath

My VTs came over yesterday and helped make me a wreath! They bought the supplies and made a pretty bow. I'm glad because I know how to make bows now. Loop and twist is the basic technique. Anyway, my wreath is so simple yet so pretty. It's a real pine wreath with berries spread about. It has a big 4 looped french style ribbon. I think it's called french..it goes straight across. It looks really pretty on our ghetto door. I don't need to worry about the wind knocking it over because our front door is inside! WHoa...go figure! My ghetto apartment is the type of unit where you have to enter in the building to get to your door. It's funny because I wished I lived in a place like like when I was little. I saw those style apartments on TV and thought it was so cool. My wish came true and it's not glamorous! We make due though. Our building actually isn't that bad. Everyone is old here. We practically live in an Assisted living center. The complex isn't large and we don't take Section 8 folks. Not to discriminate or anything... but those larger complexes like that usually attract drugs and bad trashy stuff.
Our rent isn't alot and that is essential for a young couple with two small kids! We do not have alot of money right now. It'll get better with time.
This place is actually a blessing for us. We had a really hard time finding a decent place at a decent price a few years ago. We prayed and fasted. Then we found this place! Luck? Maybe. Our friends never have bad things to say anyway...and they keep on coming back!! haha.
I got WAY off the Wreath subject but oh well!
Happy Day.

3 comments:

~kamie~ said...

I wanna make a fresh pine wreath! I have never had one, but I like them and they smell so good!

dust and kam said...

Ha ha!! I just noticed that I have been logged in as Dustyn for the past three comments or so... but it's just me!! Sorry about that!! ha ha!

Emily Snow said...

Sure would be nice to see the cute wreath...guess you better get that camera... :)