Monday, December 10, 2007

It's time to get rid of the pudge...

I am not one to gain weight with age and let myself go. That goes for my spouse too. The other day, Boricua put on his dress pants and said, "Look honey, these pants are tighter on me around the waste!" He started laughing and said, "I'm starting to get a gut!"

Call me a shallow wife but I didn't laugh. I looked at his pudge and got worried. I demanded he start exercising and eating better right away!! haha. I didn't really demand...but suggested it. Boricua likes to starve himself all day then eat large amounts of food later on. Plus, he's been really lazy lately. He hasn't been working out. His body is used to physical training and he has the body type to be lean and muscly. He'll bulk up and lean down considerably fast. He has a great physique and I don't want him to let it go. My last thing is; a chubby, middle aged husband. SLAP ME NOW! I plan to stay fit. Not for him but for me. So, he's lucky. I'm lucky enough to have a job that's physically demanding! If I had a stricter diet, I'd be in GREAT shape. But I like ColdStone Creamery too much.

The fact is, my parents were exercise die hards. Especially my dad(doing several marathons, triathlons and bicycle racing). They drilled into our heads the important of staying fit and not letting yourself go. So, the cycle continues.

I need to get boricua enthused to tone up and lean out! It's important to stay in shape!

2 comments:

jlk said...

Man, if you think he's pudgy, I'd hate to hear the word used to describe the O'Kigins!

dust and kam said...

Wish I had your attitude and motivation! :) You look good!!