Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's all made

I finished my last batch of cookies today! I baked enough cookies for ALL of my students and handed 7 plates out to family and friends. I would've done more plates for my good friends but I've got soooo much more to do. I just can't do it this year. I'm still working! I'm so busy right now. I still haven't mailed out the rest of my Xmas cards! Too bad I couldn't make all handmade cards for everyone. I didn't have enough time for that! Hopefully next year. I did make handmade ones for family members though. Oh, the women I visit teach as well. For the record, I'm really bad at visiting teaching. My schedule is insane and it takes up every single week night I have. Then I don't have a car during the day to do it! It's bad. I need to get better at serving! So, I made pretty cards for them and attached a message to it for the VT lesson for this month. I made them nice plates of yummies. Boricua delivered them their surprises tonight while I was working. Yes, my husband had to deliver treats to my VT women! That's how bad it is!
I stuck to my regular cookie menu. I ended up not making fudge. I assumed everything else was plenty. My Mexican Wedding Cookies were a big hit in this house. So I think I"ll make them again this weekend. They are the easiest cookie to make ever. I swear. It is such a basic recipe! You have to use real butter to make them tasty! Boricua loved them and he's the pickiest eater ever. They taste best when they're still warm and the confectioner's sugar becomes a little smoothed from the heat. The pecans give off this great, nutty aroma and the dough melts in your mouth. It's seriously tasty.
Well, here's what I'm making for Christmas Eve:

  1. Whole Roasted Chicken stuffed with rosemary and garlic.
  2. homemade stuffing (BTW~ Jana, I want your recipe for this.)
  3. Sweet potato casserole
  4. Green beans with almonds and bacon
  5. dinner rolls.

I hope it turns out alright!

OH YES~ my favorite part! I tasted the BEST homemade cake I've ever had last Sunday. The batter was from scratch and it had the perfect density and flavor. The frosting was this butter coconut icing that was just perfect in every way! I'm getting the recipe and am going to make it! It's just so delicious. It was seriously the best cake I've ever had.

I've got to buy all of the items still, plus get stocking stuffers, PLUS purchase one more thing for Boricua. I need to finish wrapping gifts and bake a little more and I'm finished! WHEW! Then, I'm going to clean my place! It's a WRECK!

Happy Holidays!

1 comments:

dust and kam said...

Busy, busy, busy. And... you are better than me when it comes to Visiting Teaching. I do have the time, I have no excuses... and I don't go! I really, really, really need to work on that. I have never been comfortable visit teaching. Guess I have a new goal, huh? Honestly, I am not even sure I know who I visit teach! I'm so bad!

Dinner sounds wonderful! And all your goodies too! YUM!

Your the best!