Wednesday, May 14, 2008

YE OL' FOOT

It's been SIX WEEKS since I broke my foot now. I've been bearing weight on it for about a week and a half now. My forefoot has been securely taped for two weeks for extra support.
I went in today for my x rays to see where this stubborn bone is going...well... it's gone NOWHERE. Nothings calcified, bonded, moved, healed...NOTHING!! The GAP between to pieces is still open and I still have the bone chip above it. Nothing has changed.
So, why after SIX WEEKS? WEll, there' several factors. Some are; the 5Th Metatarsal bone gets very poor blood circulation, thus slowing down the healing process. This bone is a weight bearing bone; it takes alot of strain. And the break is a pretty tricky break. It's clean but broken really funky. It's like if you tried to snap a stick in half but it snapped diagonally from the bottom and hanging by a few strands.
We'll see how it goes in a few weeks. Either I'll be taped and booted for a while, or I'll have to get surgery...I don't think it'll happen though.
Please kids, be careful when you SKIP! haha!

1 comments:

dust and kam said...

Sheesh Sarah! That is crappy. I wish it would heal!