Thursday, May 1, 2008

foot update

WEll, I went to the doctor yesterday and here's the update:

My bone is still broken. It hasn't changed. No progression but no digression; which is good. Mind you, it's been over 4 weeks now and it is still not healed to the slightest. My doctor is just glad that it hasn't shifted or gotten any worse.

The swelling has gone down alot but it is stil swollen and a little bruised. My leg will get numb and hurt if I'm on it too much, naturally.

I am now on PARTIAL weight bearance. I can now set my foot down and put some weight on the back of my heel. The motion will start getting the fluids out and getting it to feel a little better. BUT~ if it hurts too bad, I HAVE to use both of my crutches. I am using one crutch now and I'm doing okay. I just took my last vicodin last night. I needed it after teaching 3 dance classes.

My forefoot is taped for extra support. It makes a world a difference! I am still in my boot cast. My foot will probably be taped for the remainder of my healing. It looks like I'll be in my boot until the end of May. My foot is healing very slowly. Unless a miracle happens! Ha!

There you have it!
~S

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there I broke my foot as well and started off in that boot type cast and was healing. The doctor then put me in a fiberglass cast that i was able to walk on with a shoe and finally last week I showed signs of healing and now waiting for my lovely insurance company to approve a bone stimulator.Anyway feel free to email me,David.