Friday, May 23, 2008

We are finally at peace!

We now know what triggered the hives and Prince is finally getting better. Prince is allergic to all of the 'Cillin' meds and Ofloxacin eye drops. Both medications are antibiotics. Right when we stopped the eye drops and the Amox was out of his body, his hives never came back. Prince had Strep Throat, a double Ear Infection and Conjunctivitis. He was so sick. It was really scary. Especially when our family of origin experienced one my 2ND cousins tragically passing at 11 months, for not getting her fever down fast enough. She was sick and the antibiotics weren't doing their job. Her body gave up on the way to the hospital. It was so tragic in our family. My cousins still are coping and grieving. It was so sad. I never got to meet her. So, that was naturally in the back of my head when I'd see Prince, burning up, wondering why the Antibiotics weren't kicking in yet and clueless with what to do. He was so miserable. I about had it when we had to throw him in a cold bath at 3 in the morning because his fever was so high and we had a hard time waking him up. He was shivering and his lips were turning blue. It was so so scary.

I am SO grateful he is back to the defiant & goofy Prince! I wouldn't have it any other way!

0 comments: