Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Here's the smackdown...

Prince now has Strep Throat and Pink Eye. I just noticed he's breaking out in hives on his FACE! I don't know what that's all about. He may be taking another trip to the doctor today. I hope it's not a reaction to antibiotics because he never has had reactions before.

My throat hurts like heck and it's scratchy too. It's flaming red and I can barely swallow. I just got over having Strep Throat ad I'm going through this AGAIN? It hasn't even been two weeks since my Strep infection. I feel really lousy and can't seem to kick this..whatever I have...off! It can't possibly be Strep Throat...there's noway. I had a heavy duty dose of Penicillin injected in me two weeks ago. They say it takes about 10 days for infections to 'incubate'. There's no way! I have to have a bad virus. This virus is killing my throat. It's horrible.

My birthday this year was a big stink bomb. It was awful. I lied in bed and sulked like a baby. Boricua gave me nothing. Not even a card. Not even a card from the kids. OF course, he's responsible for that. It didn't even feel like a Birthday. It felt like a S***** day. Boricua spent no time with me. He was running around, taking kids to the doctor and getting prescriptions. The only thing I got from him was a very unenthusiastic, 'Happy Birthday', over the phone. He put forth zero effort for me. I did so much for him on his Birthday because I felt it was important for him to feel special that day. It's one day out of the year. It's not asking for much. Thank goodness for my friends, who put forth a little more effort than he did. But when we went to my "BIRTHDAY dinner", I still ended up paying for my check. oh, and Mater. He and his mom dropped by last night and gave me some flowers w/ a mini cake. It made things a little better. That was very thoughtful of them. I appreciated it.
It all ended with Boricua going to bed at 9:30, without telling me goodnight or even speaking to me and I fell asleep on the couch, sick.
Am I being Narcissistic?? Am I asking too much to having a nice Birthday? I don't know.

I'm very down right now. With all of the physical ailments thrown at me at once and never getting a break from it. My foot, my throat, my immunity, my headaches, my fatigue, my sick children and my stress! I don't like life right now. I don' like it at all.

3 comments:

dust and kam said...

That was my birthday last year. I was so depressed and sad the entire day. I felt worthless and neglected. I don't think some husband realize that we feel birthdays are important! (And pretty much everyone forgets it anyways!!) Last year I finally had to say . . . I need a card! And I need a gift to feel special on my birthday!!! Take me out to dinner!!! And of course my husband felt horrible because he didn't understand how important it was for me to feel special on my one day out of the year!! So hopefully this year will be different. We'll see! :) And it didn't help that we were in Pennsylvania. (Although - I thought there were plenty of places to go!! :) )

Anyways Sarah! I love ya and I hope you get feeling better! I am sorry you had a crappy birthday!

Get better!!!

jlk said...

That's exactly why I started "Mommy's Store." Plus, husbands don't always do sick kids and wife very well. It's hard for them to step in. I'm glad he was able to take them to the dr.

If I were you, I would go again, just to be on the safe side. Also, if you don't change your toothbrush, you can get it again. One year I got it 3 times within about 10 weeks. It sucked. Good luck!

Emily Snow said...

Wow! I'm so sorry you are going through all of this and over your birthday to boot!

Strep throat can be really hard to get rid of. I also had it three times in the period of a short time one year. The toothbrush advice that jlk gave you is really good!

As far as your birthday, perhaps when you are all well again you can let your husband know that you are giving him a chance to redeem himself and you can have a mock-birthday.

Husbands just don't get it, or us girls are totally lame...somehow as they age they really "don't care" about their birthdays but we just can't let go of that childhood feeling that our birthday's (and Mother's Day) should still be somewhat magical.