Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What an APRIL FOOLS...

I BROKE MY FOOT ON APRIL FOOLS DAY!!!!
I'm not fooling either!!!!
I was teaching my hip hop class to my 8 year olds. I was showing them how they needed to skip in their dance, over did the skip and rolled on my rigth foot as I landed! All you heard was a big 'CRACK'!!! I though I just twisted it. So I stood up to walk it out and I couldn't walk on it!! Then I tried again and it was worse!
I started getting sweaty and nauseous...then I knew something was up. But was still in denial up until the doctor told me I broke it! I laughed when it happened but of course, was in alot of pain! It was pretty strange! Of all things, I BREAK my foot (The 5th Metatarsal bone, to be exact) SKIPPING!! SKIPPING, and I'm a dancer! I've never broken a bone up until now!
So, my Podiatrist said is not a very good break but it could be much worse. I'll be on crutches for the next 3 weeks and in a boot cast for 6-8 weeks! I wont be able to bare weight on it for a month!!!! Mind you, I have two small children, I can't drive and I have to walk up 3 flights of stairs to get to my house!
We'll see how this all works out..... Let's pray it does!
Gosh darnit!! I'm so irritated about it! GRRRRR!!!!!!!

2 comments:

dust and kam said...

I wish I could at least babysit for you!! :(

jlk said...

Oh no, oh no! Seriously, let me help you.