Saturday, April 26, 2008

The benefit of having a broken foot...

REcollecting on the pros of my immobility is this:

Boricua and I, without choice, spend alot of time together. He is my taxi and takes care of me. With this, we can re-bonded and have enjoyed each other's company so much. So, with my broken foot, he has HAD to take and go everywhere with me...and boy has it made a difference. We don't work on our own agendas...it's our agenda and we've been able to spend ALOT of quality time together as a couple and as a family.

Boricua has gained more empathy. That was something he lacked. He's definitely had to work on it this past month and he is alot more sensitive and aware of your(my) feelings.

As ugly and fat as I feel right now, he doesn't care. And I know this.

Mater being a GREAT helper here and learning to be a good worker and practice self reliance!

We all went up to Lancaster, PA, this morning, as a family without choice. It turned out to be a nice little trip for us. You might be asking why we went up there and it was because my student competed in her last dance competition. She did GREAT TOO! She won a GOLD and a special 'photogenic' award! Hard work pays off...now I have an excuse to go to Nationals this Summer in Virginia Beach! YAY!
I too noticed the great sacrifice Boricua made FOR ME, by getting 3 hours of sleep, driving two hours to Lancaster, hauling two kids around and driving back home...and none of this trip pertained to him. It was for my job. I told him I owed him BIG TIME and he simply said, " Scratch my back"... I can't complain!

I've learned to relax a little more when my place gets dirty or messy...it'll get cleaned eventually...I mean..it still drive me nuts...JUST A TAD...

1 comments:

Emily Snow said...

See...it's the ol' "blessings within trials" thing going on here!