Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Our Anniversary!

It was cold, windy but the sun was out. We were well rested and excited! I was 8 months pregnant(and I hate every single one of my wedding photos. I look like a beached whale). Our ceremony was at 10:00 am. We held it in our ward chapel. It was a very small wedding. The ladies in Relief Society planned it for me and helped out. About 30-40 people attended. It wasn't fancy or formal. It was very quaint and simple. We had a pianist play. We walked down the aisle together. I had no family there. Boricua's little brother was the only one there on his side. The ceremony was very simple and lasted 10 minutes. We had a very small reception afterwards. The tables were decorated very cute and we had conversation hearts wrapped in twill for the favors. There was red roses and pink carnations. All were arrange in a very cute flower tin with a big purple ribbon. Each table had framed photos of David and me. There was purple fabric squares over white table cloths on each table. We had pink and purple plates and cups. Our cake was just a sheet shake with pink and purple flowers. We served fresh fruit with a raspberry sherbet fizz drink. It was very simple and sweet. There was absolutely ZERO stresses, zero worries and zero anxiety! We merely focused on our union and happiness! Afterwards, we had a romantic dinner at Tragara, in Bethesda, MD. We had a hotel suite set up for us in Germantown, MD. Even though I was big and pregnant, it was still wonderful. When I look back, I wouldn't have wanted my little wedding any other way! It was perfect. I'm glad I decided to do somethng very small instead of spend thousands of dollars and hours of stress to put together a big wedding. And the best part of it was; we were sealed together April 6, 2006. 14 months later. It was wonderful.
Married on this day, 3 years ago. It hasn't been very long but it feels like it's been forever! Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Those water looking spots on our invitation is from the wrong glue I used to glue in our wedding book. Oops.This picture was exactly one year ago. We celebrated over sushi. Our favorite thing to eat! I was a very pregnant woman!
A candid photo of when we just started dating in May 2004. We tanned alot, can ya tell?
A wedding photo
Our first slices of cake!

Forever more to go!

2 comments:

dust and kam said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary! :) I love the pictures!

Emily Snow said...

Happy Anniversary!