Friday, February 8, 2008

Here's the deal...

I had Bone Marrow taken purely for research. There's nothing too terribly wrong with me. haha. Atleast not that I know of...
There's a research company called LONZA. They need alot of Bone Marrow donors for helping finding cures to certain diseases. Boricua and I both decided to donate Bone marrow. I figured it wouldn't be as bad as having a baby or getting an IUD... but it was worse. The sensation of it all. You literally feel the marrow beng sucked out of your upper hip bones. It's pretty disgusting.
On top of it all, we were compensated for the time and pain we gave. It's going to our St George fund.
I'm fine though, really. Other than I've got a little flu/cold thing rightnow and I feel like garbage. I've got the whole sore throat, coughing, phlem, fever, body ache, headache thing. It sucks.
Cath ya'll on the flip side!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did david do?

dust and kam said...

Ouch!!! But YAY for St. George! :)