Monday, December 8, 2008

OFFICIALLY started training

So, I started my triathlon training on Thursday. After teaching for 2 hours, I darted to the gym and started immediately on the stationary bike. I set it to random mode so the resistance is in intervals. I blasted my ipod and went at it. I biked 12 miles! It's not a hard as it sounds...I did it in about 25 min at 92 mph. I then went right into jogging. I kind of want to build up strength slowly so I ran/jogged/ briskly walked about 2.2 miles. I have crepidation in my left knee, so running is hard on my poor lil crunchy overworked knee. We all need to thank dance for that! THANK YOU DANCE! Dancers are trained to turn out and work over the toes, which is some of the worst things you can do to your knees. OH yah, plus some dancers blow their knees by forcing their turn outs, rather than working with their natural rotation through THEIR HIPS! But I'm getting off subject....
Immediately after biking/running without rest, I took a breather, stretched, went downstairs and did bench squats, 50 reps with 5 lb dumbbells in each hand. I know, it's not heavy, but after a while, it sure gets heavy! PLUS, the night BEFORE my day one training, I 'Hollywood Shred', which is a 30 min, high interval and intense workout by celebrity trainers. My lower body was SHOT!
So, I did overkill Wednesday and Thursday, and became sick this weekend! I literally was in bed all day Sunday and my dad took care of me and the boys Saturday night..which sucks because I misse dmy best friend's birthday party!
THis week, I will do 12 mile bike, in intervals, no major resistance, for the sake of my knee and 1 mile run. I'll do this 2 x this week and day 3 I'll swim 6 laps. The other days in between will consist of yoga, teaching dance and some strength training.
MAn....if I was on a strict diet, I'd be so dang fit! lol.

0 comments: