Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Spreading the Holiday cheer!!









This year Boricua and I decided to minimize gifts and focus on togetherness. The boys are getting one gift from Santa and one small gift from mom & dad. We got small sentimental gifts for family and made 9 plates of goodies to give to friends. We put together a huge bag of small gifts for the Care Center for the Elderly up the street from us. They had alot of fun picking out things the Care Center residents needed. We are getting warm blankets and clothing together to drop off at the homeless shelter, for the children. We drive past the shelter and see small babies bundled up in the cold, while their parents are waiting in line for a warm meal. It was just brought to my attention 350 children stayed in the Homeless Shelter last night. Last month we bought food items to make a nice meal for a homeless man looking for work. Prince was very concerned about that man and he was happy to help him out.
Our beautiful tree was donated to us from a great friend! All of my tree ornaments were purchased a few years ago on Clearance at Target. I spent pennies on them! It was so awesome! I still had leftover wrappng paper so I didn't need to purchase a bunch of new packaging stuff! We had a strict budget and was very aware of our spending. Spending alot isn't the meaning of the Holiday and we really made ure to emphasize that and teach the boys what Christmas is all about.
2009 has been a very hard year for alot of people. Alot are jobless and homeless. Alot took paycuts and barely have enough money to make ends meet. There was alot of tragic deaths and one that really hit home for me. A friend of mine from school, passed away tragically a week and a half ago and left 2 small children behind. She was such a sweetheart and her family are devastated with the loss. It was a very hard funeral to attend and left me mourning for a few days afterwards.
We had alot of calamities throughout the World this year. I'd say this was the year that would make or break us. It was by far one of the hardest years for me! So, as I say goodbye to 2009 and hello to 2010 next week, I am going to celebrate and rejoice for the new COMEBACK YEAR!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!