Sunday, November 29, 2009

HOLIDAY PLANS

SO, here's the deal!

Our pressings needs are exceeding our limits. It's been a really tough few months! We have been working on getting on top of things, finding extra work and doing all that we can to take care of our pressing needs. Whenever we feel we MIGHT be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, something comes up and sets us back further than before! It's been a big dark hole we slowly start climbing out of, then we fall again and the hole somehow become deeper. It's been very distressing and overwhelming. Not knowing how you're going to pay your bills for the month or if you can put gas in your car is a very uneasy feeling to have! 2009 has BY FAR been the toughest year for us. It's been a rollercoaster of obstacles.

With our current situation, Boricua and I have decided to sell some of our precious items, to help take care of these pressing bills that continue to pile up. There's also that pressure for the gift buying for the Holidays and we decided to do gifts after Christmas, on Three Kings Day(January 6th). Our boys will have one gift to open on Christmas this year. We're hoping we can get a Christmas tree for our home too. I get a huge knot in my stomach, thinking my kids might go without the traditional Holiday things that bring in that spirit of joy. But my boys are still young and we all have eachother and that's what matters the most!

Please check my blog 'Simply Soosie's' and check out my items for sale. You or someone you know might be interested! It will help out our family TREMENDOUSLY! We must sell these items. I have pressing medical bills, future testing and observation for my eye and living expenses.
Please check it out, spread the word and know all of it is going toward a Family in need.

So...those are our Holiday plans! Nothing big, no big gifts, just Family togetherness and doing all we can to help others in need as well!

THANKS! :)

3 comments:

Jessica T. said...

Sarah,

I am so sorry. I remember when I was a kid having a year that was so extremely tough, however I remember it as one of the BEST Christmas' of my life. We weren't able to get a tree until Christmas eve because we just didn't have the money and we didn't have the money to get decorations... so we sat on the livingroom floor as a family and strung popcorn to wrap around our tree and cut out snow flakes for the tree and to hang in the windows. It was a year that Christmas truly served its true purpose in our home... Family togetherness. Although things are tight for us as well, we try to do something for a family in need every year... would you be willing to allow us to donate a tree to your family?

DanceNplay said...

Jessica, that story touches my heart! I would be so grateful for a tree! I'm so thankful for such great friends!
Yes, since our family has been in this situation, we've really come together, become closer and focus on what we have and that's eachother. Me and my boys have been watching Christmas movies every night, making homemade play dough abd baking cookies. A few weeks ago, a homeless man was in front of the grocery store asking people to let him clean their windows so he can go buy some food. We decided to tak him in the store and bought him some food. Even though we have no money, we decided to do whatever we can to help someone in need. It was a good experience. David and I are closer than ever before and so happy to be together. So, as I look back at this very tough situation, I will see the togetherness we all had. Thanks Jessica!

Jessica T. said...

Call or text me when you can get together! 801-244-3342