Sunday, November 15, 2009

What are my eyes telling me?!


A few weeks ago I had a regular routine physical and they noticed my pupils were uneven! Uneven pupils? I was a little surprised! The nurse then asked me a bunch of questions, trying to gather more information; to maybe get an idea of what the underlying cause was. I was asked if I've had recent brain trauma, eye damage or always have had this condition. I answered no to all of them...of course. I did have a headache behind that dilated eye and asked if that was the cause. They told me no.... But then they said if I had a headache behind it, it wasn't a good sign!

A few weeks prior to this physical, I noticed my eye sight was a bit blurred out of my left eye. It's since felt heavy and achy and sometime I'm a little disorientated or confused!
I then looked back at pictures, close up, to see if my pupils were normal or abnormal. I noticed an abnormality out of that very left eye! My parents told me I wasn't born with it, or they never noticed and Boricua said they were normal when we first met.
I compiled enough information to conclude this abnormality onsetted a little over a year ago.
To the grace of my parents, they noticed my eyes were a little 'off' lately but never told me! Gee...thanks a lot!
It's good to know my eyes are 'off'! I've been going around looking crazy! That's good to know...
I go in to see my doctor for a prognosis and further testing. It could be nothing or it could be as serious as a brain tumor. It could also be Horner's Syndrome or a slew of other things. I'm hoping it's minor, maybe caused from my chronic Migraine Headaches and Hormones from my IUD(that thing has given me problems! I'm ready to remove it!).
So, I took a photo, myself of my eyes. I noticed NO uneven pupils. Then Boricua advised me it could be from the flash and other things. He still checks my eyes daily and shouts out, "YEP! They're still off!"
Well, I hope this gets resolved SOON!!

0 comments: