Monday, August 17, 2009

POST-OP POSTING

Well, we're going on day 4 after my surgery. I'm glad it was a minimally invasive procedure and fixable. However, post-op has been very hard. It's extremely uncomfortable and painful! Sometimes it feels like my insides are tearing apart! I walk like a cave woman! Meaning; I can't walk upright. That's hurting my back now. Im very swollen BUT the swelling could've been worse if I didn't ice pack it up as much as I do. Since they blew my stomach up with Co2, I've had alot of shoulder pain. I have trouble urinating and can't poop for the life of me...yah, let's not get into that....
I'm doped up on 7.5 x2 lortabs every 4hours. Plus some ibprofen. I'm so doped up on narcotics. This post may not even make any sense when it's all said and done.

So, this laproscopic procedure causes you to become very gassy. But ya can't pass the gas because you can't push it out, or it'll feel like you're tearing your abdomen to pieces. So, ya kinda just sit here, miserable, hoping and praying to fart...yep, pretty much.
The only time I'm capable to do anything, is when I'm narced up on painkillers. Hence, this post, is a product of a Narced up Soosie. I hope it makes sense and I hope you enjoy.
Thanks to all of my family and friends who've helped me out!!!!!
I'll keep you posted.

1 comments:

jlk said...

I feel your pain! Exactly what I went through 2 years ago. I hope you feel a little better tomorrow.