Sunday, August 9, 2009

A HERNIA????!!!!!!!!!




Lately I've been experiencing ALOT of weird abdominal pain and MAJOR BLOAT! MY stomach looked and felt like I was about 6 months pregnant. I was nauseous constantly and nearly vomited every time I ate. I was feeling icky EVERYWHERE! Then the doctor found a mass in my abdomen! A MASS??!! I went in for a CT SCAN Friday. Saturday rolled around and the pain intensified, started rising up my right shoulder and arm. I noticed my hand starting to swell and become numb...I freaked out! Abdominal mass....CT SCAN..NOW THAT??!! I rushed to the Emergency room and there I received my CT SCAN results. Well, it just so happened I have an incarcerated umbilical hernia that has FAT TRAPPED IN IT! FAT??!! I was a little embarrassed. Does that mean I'm out of shape and chubby??!! So, anyway, this trapped fat inside the hernia was starting to obstruct my bowels and that's what was making me so nauseous and swollen! The CT SCAN also picked up a small follicular cyst on the left side. But that is the least of our worried right now. I go in for surgery on Thursday to repair this hernia and get that small piece of fat outta there. Hey, at least, I'll get um...kind of like...a small lipo type tummy repair type surgery... kinda...WEll..the whole hernia mess was caused from my pregnancies. Not from obesity, not from poor health and not from straining..but from BABIES!!! The doctor said I've always had that small hole in my abdominal wall but since I stayed thin and in shape, it never herniated. Well, now that I've had babies and put on some weight, it's obstructing my bowels! They have to repair it before it strangulates my bowels and kills off a Part of my intestine! SCARRY! EWWW!!! So, I'm in pain and discomfort and will be out of commission for a while. I'll be bed ridden and praying I get the help I need for my boys. It'll be a challenging next few weeks but I'm SO GRATEFUL it's nothing more serious! I thank the Lord for that.
Wish me luck!

3 comments:

jlk said...

OMG! I'm glad it was nothing worse and can be fixed. Good luck with surgery and I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

Jessica T. said...

This story sounds all too familiar! My mother in law had a similar experience last week, however her results weren't quite so relieving... she has cancer. Sees the surgin today and will soon be getting what is called a Whipple surgery (you can google it) where she will have several pieces of major organs removed. I am so glad for you that your results were a lot more positive, but I am sure still just as painful. Good luck in surgery, and let me know if you need anything.

Bryan, Jaime, and Boys said...

That is so crazy! I hope you are doing better! I'm sorry, you had an extra boy at your house.... I didn't know you had had surgery! :) He loved it. He came home and said, "MOM!!!! I had sooooo much fun!!!!" Anyway... get better!