Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patricks Day

The V fam doesn't celebrate it much....but my old 5th grade teacher came to visit me and asked me if the leperchauns were coming to visit our house...I looked at her puzzled...she then reprimended me and said, "YOu have to celebrate it with your kids! It's fun!" I took her advice. Like I always did back in 5th grade and still do to this day. Odd a student has a friendship with one of their former teachers? Well, in all of the wrong ways, yes. But I must share that this particular teacher was my hero..or herione..her being a she and all...We've managed to keep in touch all of these years and she's like a mom to me. I love her and look up to her. She is the best teacher I EVER HAD and any child is very lucky to have her as a school teacher.
But anyway..I got off track...so...after lunch with my 5th grade teacher (sounds so funny!), she opted to head to the store, to get gold wrapped candy and green mints. She told me to make a trail and tell my boys the leperchaun visited! The boys bought it! They loved it!!! And now it's going to be a stuck tradition!!
OH yah, she convinced me into buying green food coloring to make green pancakes too! OF COURSE I'm doing it! She's a school teacher! She has all of the good ideas and KNOWS what kids like....since teaching kids for 22 years!
So, it turned out to be a green happy dappy day....despite a few setbacks with work...

1 comments:

Jessica T. said...

I am sooo on the band wagon with you as far as friendships with teachers go. I to have become friends with a teacher that influenced me to be a better person... He is great. I feel very fortunate to have had such great role models in life! Good for you for keeping in touch with her... I think it is great!