Tuesday, March 24, 2009

SCARY MONDAY

The past week the boys have been battling a cold. Prince seemed to have been hit with the bug the most. His coughing continued. He broke out in hives for two days...still unsure how that happened. He was cranky and warmer than normal. By the weekend, he seemed to be getting better. But he was still cranky...

6:00 am Monday morning, he storms in my room, crying awakens me and he says his ear hurt. I thought maybe he slept on it wrong. So I checked his forhead for a fever. It wasn't extra warm and I sent his back to bed.

8:30 am rolls around. He STILL is complaining about his ear. I asked him where the pain was. He just pointed to his ear and said it was , "Big". Okay, so I thought it was plugged from drainage from his cold.

9:30 rolls around. He's lethargic. His ear still hurts. Boricua tells me his ears are dirty and told me to gently clean them out. So, I give it a try. I look into his right ear, the one that hurts and clean the outer part of it. I go on to the next. OF course, he's fighting me. He's laying on my lap, with his right ear lying on my leg. My bro in law was helping me, then he shouts out, " OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH! He's bleeding! He bleeding!" I suddenly lift him up, there's blood all over my pants and what do'ya know, he's bleeding OUT OF HIS EAR! No trickle trickle. More like gush gush! My bro in law freaked out and said, " Call the cops! Get the ambulance!" Boricua and I were completely calm. I was totally alarmed though! I mean, he was bleeding out of his EAR! I was afraid his ear drum popped or he had some blood pressure...annurism...I didn't know! Then I put the hurty ear and bleeding together and figured...it's gotta be some major ear infection! We quickly put our shoes on and drove to the Emergency room. ON our way there, PRince was completely pale and lethargic. I was getting worried. He wasn't all there. Right when we went to check him in, SPPPLLLLAAATT! He throws up all over the place..and again...and again...and again....AND AGAIN!!! Thank goodness for those throw-up elephant trunk bags. Yah, not doggy bags...they look like elephant trunks! Hence, the name! Anyway, we get back... Prince yelps, " Imma throw up! Imma throw up!" He upchecked again. Afterwards, he'd say in agony, "I'm done...I'mm donnnee." PRolonged... Then the verdict came in...a super bad ear infection! Something ruptured in his ear! Now we're on the heavy duty antibiotic drill and Prince is feeling back to normal now.
It was surely a scary experience!

1 comments:

Jessica T. said...

Oh man! That is awful... and so scarey! I deffinately wouldn't have been able to keep my cool.