Thursday, October 1, 2009

STRUGGLES

We've been struggling lately. It's been distressing and worrisome. We live day to day, hoping for little miracles. Boricua's work is kind of at a stand still due to the economy. They've put a freeze with new manager positions and recently cut out all of the supervisor positions. They've also cut the budget and no one will be getting raises. ON top of that, they cut every one's hours. He's only allowed to work 32 hours a week and he gets a hourly pay. His checks are hundreds of dollars less. ON top of that, I'm not working right now. My job paid well. I only worked about 6 hours a week but was bringing in an extra 200+ a week for the family. All of that extra income is not present. Our bank account is in the negative after paying bills and we donate plasma to pay for our groceries and gas. I've been trying to sell items online and find jobs. So far, no luck. My family is doing all that they can to help us out. It seems like everyone is at a hard spot rigthnow.

I'm so worried. I can't continue like this. But we are doing all that we can to get out of it. I'm working my butt off to sell items and finding teaching jobs. Boricua si applying for other jobs and part time jobs. We are living on a prayer and persistence. I hope something falls into our lap and does very soon. I have thousands of dollars in medical bills to pay for from my recent surgery and the general living expenses. I'm opening my home to childcare. I'm willing to even post a sign out in front of my house and sell my decadent and amazing caramel butter pecan fudge. By the way, it is the best fudge you will ever put in your mouth. Trust me. I have an ultra expensive designer bag that my stepmother gave to me that I'm selling. It's a 1,500 dollars bag and we're hoping to get alteast 800.oo for it. I've never used it. It's been reserved for latter use or sell. She also has precious silver flat wear that's she's willing to trade in and we'd split the profit. Isn't this crazy? Hey, you gotta do what ya gotta do to survive! I feel kind of like a panhandler but I'm not begging people for money. I'm actually working to sell things and earn money. I'm just feeling a bit humiliated. I'm even willing to clean homes! I did that as my job back when was 18 with my mom and aunt's former cleaning business.
Well, pray that we find something get a relief soon.

1 comments:

Jessica T. said...

Oh Sarah... I am so sorry, and know you are not alone. My husband and myself, like many in the world right now, are living day to day by the skin of our teeth. And really not even doing that... We too have a wonderful family that is willing to help where needed. I am feeling guilty for going back to school, but regardless fo what trials we have been faced with, the support of my family has been wonderful. I hope all works out for you guys, and seriously... lets get together soon.