Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm VENTING...

Ya wanna know what's driving me to insanity? RIGHT when we moved into our house, people have been living, yes LIVING, with us NONSTOP. I wake up and the house is in shambles. I lay down at night to watch TV in PEACE and I have two tag alongs on my floor, asking if they can have the remote. And no, I'm not talking about my kids. They're not the tag alongs!
I can't shower or go to the bathroom with the door open because people are roaming about in my house. My live-in visitors are very unorganized and don't clean up to my standards. A nd they just do little annoying things like; leaving lights on after leaving a room, eating in the family room while I'm trying to watch TV and they chew like a COW, put water in the dish soap dispenser so the soap 'lasts longer', and letting my kids go outside, in their jammies and play in the DIRT!
I'm seriously over it. Boricua and I have no time to ourselves. We never get to do the 'stuff' married people do...because we've got brother in law in one room and daddy-o in the other room.
I love how my bro-in-law take 20 minute long showers and leaves messes everywhere he goes. Sense my sarcasm? My utility bills have doubled since they've been here and they think all they have to do is help out with the kids and buy some food for the house. Yep, it totally makes sense! Use our electricity, water and gas and we'll foot the bill! Oh yah, the mortgage too! No problem! Money grows on trees right in our front yard!
I've got 3 grown men living here and very little yard work has gotten done. I don't have grass. I have dirt!
Oh yes, and it's so awesome they feel they have the right to answer my cell phone and use up all of my day time minutes. And when they touch the thermostat, turn it WAY up when it's 70 degrees outside.
I'm just lovin' my house. It's so peaceful!!!
Boricua and I are to a point where we don't even want to be home...in OUR HOME! We feel like we're being pushed out and no matter what we say, it goes in one ear and out the other!
UGH!!!! I've had it!

2 comments:

Jessica T. said...

Oh man... that sucks! It is always hard living with people in general, but personally I think when it is family it is even harder because you have to watch what you say to salvage relationships... I don't envy you one bit. The only advise I have is give them a date that they need to be out, and stand by it... it is your home and you have that right!

Emily Snow said...

Dang girl! I hope for your sake, they leave soon!