Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New York Fashion Week

This week has been the debut for tonz of designers Spring lines in New York City. I LOVE IT when Fashion Week comes! Every February and September! It's B-A-N-A-N-A-S!! I've been trying to stay updated on the shows and designers and I'm finding designers that I am in total LOVE WITH THEIR CREATIONS! I love love LOVE Fashion and seeings these designers create such amazing mater pieces with textiles! I wish I knew how to sew and sketch! It is such an amazing talent!

MATTHEW WILLIAMSON~ OH-MY-GOSH!!!!! The colors, the fabric, the lines, the DRESSES! Oh my!! THE DETAIL! He is AMAZING!!!! His work is kind of quirky yet so so chic and beautiful! He whipped out the fuchsias, the corals, the lime greens, the Salmon, the aquas, the yellows! WOWSERS! I was taken back! He made his whole Spring line so cohesive and totally wearable! I was blown away. There was crazy patterned fabric, reminiscent to the 80s, amazing handbags and clutches that 'went' and in your face shoes! Studded belts with frilly purple mini dresses, with floral embellished jackets! FLORALS PEOPLE! BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR FLORALS!!! It's the HOTNESS!

CAROLINA HERRERA~ Chic, chic and CHIC! So beautiful, so chic and so lovely! It's definitely for the sophisticated Woman. She is the queen of Cocktail dresses! With her ruffles, bold reds, shiny black, marigolds and florals..WOW! SO exquisite!

AND OF COURSE....VICTORIA BECKHAM! Her line had only 15 looks and they were all dresses! It was sophistication to it's fullest! With body forming silhouettes, special seaming, alot of black and clean lines, you could never ever go wrong with any of these looks! I love Victoria Beckham! She's a force ot be reckoned with! She's brought back being Regal but with a ZIP!

There is so many designers, so many lines I LOVED, like Diane Von Furstenburg's 'Rock Goddess' Collection. It's girly, colorful, frilly, rebellious(in a good way) and so so beautiful!
If you want to see more Designer's Debuts, go to Style.com!! Jeez, they should pay me for this! haha!

I'll post some of my FAVORITE LOOKS!! PS~ it's the 2009 SPRING LINES!

0 comments: