Friday, August 1, 2008

WEIGHT LOSS and Nursing

Yesterday I was weighed at my blood screening for my up and coming Bone Marrow Extraction. Ugh, yes! I'm doing it again! So I was weighed and the scale showed I have LOST OVER 12 POUNDS since February! Yes, OVER!!!!!! I am so anti-scale but in situations where you HAVE to be weighed, there's really no choice. I was welcomed to a pleasent surprise! I knew I've lost weight because of the way my clothes fit but I wasn't sure how much. I was about right with my own estimation. I estimated about 10 pounds but no; closer to 15 pounds! I'm right around the corner to my pre-baby weight when I was 21 years old! With my second preganany, I didn't gain very much weight at all and most of the weight was gained at the end of my pregnancy. I had the few extra pounds afterwards but I gained my weight while breastfeeding. I have a HUGE appetite when I nurse and I ate everything in sight. I gained weight nursing! I did with my first nurse-a-round too. Women generally tend to LOOSE while nursing because it says to burn more calories but I'm the opposite! I guess I take the extra 500 calories a day a little too literally! But then somedays I'd starve all day and my body would get in starvation mode. My body would in turn store the fat for energy. As soon as I finish nursing, BAM! The fat melts right off! I don't even have to try very hard either! My appetite decreases naturally and I can take my beloved supplements that I was unable to with nursing. It feels good to go to the Junior Section at the department store and try on size 5 jeans and they fit like a glove! My hips are still wider than pre-babies time but hopefully they'll get smaller in time or they'll just be bigger because babies spread those hip bones! Well, it doesn't matter to me. Just as long as I'm fit, have low body fat and look great, that's al I care about! The blood tech told me yesterday I have very big and good veins. That made me feel good! That's a good sign of someone being in shape and fit! Your veins get bigger the more athletic you become because your heart's going to naturally pump more blood.
I also take some helpful supplements:

~ Ultra Chitosan. I take it before I eat. It's a natural marine Fiber that binds the fat you eat and it's not absorbed into your system.
~ Phase 2 Carb Intercept. It's derived from White Kidney bean and it helps block Starchy carb foods from being absorbed.
` Other misc. herbal supplements that are safe and effective. If you want to know, ask me because I don't want to list all of them.
~ EAT FIBER! Also supplement with fiber and I suggest Psylium Husks.

I really love nutrition and learning the way the body metabolizes!! It's pretty cool!
Now, I'm off to go get some acupuncture for my nasty nasty cold.

0 comments: