Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm the HOMEMAKING QUEEN!!

Don't fight me when I say I'm the homemaking queen! ;) I think I've got my arms full of projects that I can't cover in one blog post..but I'll sure try! hehe

Other than sewing (except handsewing a few things here and there), I've got loads a stuff I'm doing...but I yearn to sew pretty badly...I'm just waiting for my machine from my dad's wife. It's a Pfaff. I'm super duper excited.

My biggest project of all is my YARD!!! My home stood vacant for a year and the entire yard was neglected. We had to pretty start from scratch. I did things the 'old fashioned way' and its working out thus FAR! Check out the grass seeds poking through the soil! YES! I tilled, fertilized, weeded and seeded my yard ALL ON MY OWN!!! The grass coming up is VERY rewarding! I also planted some plants and flowers. Here are a few pics of my proof of hard work:





I'll keep you updated!!!!

I've also done some refurbishing to two pieces of furniture. I was given an old beat up side table that needed som emajor TLC. I saw the beauty in it and redid the entire thing! I sanded, stripped, repainted 2 coats of Ballet Slipper Pink color, distressed by hand, clear coated and added pink crystal knobs. It goes absolutely perfect with my ultra shabby chic living room! Check it out:





A few months ago we bought a bare birch kitchen island form IKEA. It's a solid birch island. I polished it with bees wax (2 coats) and stained the bottom half with a red. While polishing, it stained the wood as well and brought out all of the tree knots and swirls. It's just perfect now for my rustic kitchen. It's going to go sooo well with our NEW white STAT style cabinets from IKEA and SOLID BIRCH countertops! IT will also have a large farm sink (DOMSJO SINK FROM IKEA) and a few of the cabinet doors will have the country style glass windows. Oh..I can't wait!
Here's the island I redid on my own:




I also found the cutest plates from Target. They went PERFECT with my kitchen and they're PLASTIC!! Which means we can use them DAILY! This serving platter was just a must have for my table centerpiece. Check it out:


This is the serveware set I plan to get and display in my glass door wall cabinets:
They're a replica of Hermes Collection!!!

Can you just visualize the awesomeness??!! I sure can!

0 comments: